Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24, 2010


Wow, only seven more days and I'll have actually completed my goals of one month of pictures. This week will be difficult to blog as much, but I'm determined to get the pictures done. Writing can come later.

Today I went to Moorestown, NJ, on my way home from shopping. There is a pond there that I've always passed but never really looked at. Today I did. While I was there, a blue heron came swooping down. He swooped up just as fast and didn't get a picture of him, but I did get one of these two ducks, a male and female, just swimming up and down the pond, together like an old married couple. There was another family of ducks swimming the other way, but these two just stayed together. They reminded me of my parents..together after more than fifty years, going their way, being happy with who they are, with each other.

I also liked the lines of this photo. There are so many curves and waves created by Mother Nature. I thought of using a watercolor filter, for it has that feel, but that didn't enhance it at all. Sometimes even technology can't improve upon Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment