Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday, January 31, 2010


First, of all, congratulations to all who made it through the first month of the 395 challenge. It feels good to set a goal and actually accomplish it. The other goals for this month, giving up soda for four weeks and potato chips of any kind were also accomplished. As someone who actually has a hard time FINISHING things, this gives me encouragement that I can. Next month I am starting to NOT eat anything after 8:00 and if I do, only popcorn. I'm also trying to take wheat out of my diet as much as I can...leaning more towards corn. I'm not gluten intolerant but maybe giving it a try for a few weeks...well, I'll see.

I don't know if I jinxed myself by taking the picture of a full moon on Thursday but ever since that shot, I have had a few things go wrong this weekend. In the scheme of life, these things are not life threatening or horrible, just an inconvenience. Today was no different as I awoke to my water not working. The pipes, I guess, were frozen. Luckily, my mom brought over a space heater from my aunt, I taped up the opening in the shed, and hoped that maybe the water would be back on. Not so much for drinking, I had bought three gallons of water at the store, but for bathroom purposes. As of 9:30, the upstairs water is working, but not the downstairs. I'm hoping that will be better in the morning (or the middle of the night), but now I know I can stay here tonight free in the thought that I don't have to use an outhouse or go someplace else to "do" my duty.

Tomorrow is February. The month is already filling up with lots to do, but hopefully the month will be filled with smiles, flowers, and love.




No comments:

Post a Comment