Friday, February 26, 2010

February 26, 2010


I don't know if it's because we had another snow day today or the Flower Show is opening in Philadelphia next week, but when I was in the Christmas Tree Shop today and saw these I just had to buy them. It gives me hope that spring is on the way. I immediately planted the basil kit (on the left) and inserted a water bulb (I'm notorious for forgetting to water). The other things will be put away until I am sure they are finished with the construction in my yard. Phlox is the ONLY thing that ever grew in my front and I'm not sure how much construction, mud, and snow has ruined what I already have.

It's not that I don't love winter...truth be told I do, and if we had a few more snow storms in March, I won't be upset, but once Easter comes, that's it. It's spring time for me which means a new beginning, an awakening. And maybe, just maybe, some of these plants will actually make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment