Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Feburary 17, 2010

Respect...it means so much to so many people. Tonight, though, it was a play I went to see at the Society Hill Playhouse in Philadelphia. This musical review, consisting of four talented ladies and two male band members, is a journey through one woman's life. She ponders the question...what if your life had a soundtrack...what songs would be included. Starting back in the 1900s through to present times, the songs are lively, poignant, happy, sad, clap your hands and stomp your feet, wipe the tears away type of songs, but all songs you know the words to. I remember thinking at one time, actually THANKING my parents and my grandfather for their love of music and singing to me when I was young and in the car. I knew Hard Hearted Hannah...I knew These Boots Were Made for Walking....Que Sera Sera....and remember living the song "Let It Please Be Him" when the phone would ring during middle school.

I highly recommend this revue for any woman...and bring your daughters who are over 16. They may not get all the songs, but the message of loving yourself and knowing you ARE good enough...messages young women need to hear over and over...the message of RESPECT...should be heard by more.

Running through April at the Society Hill Theater. Check Funsavers.com Philadelphia for discount tickets.

Review of the restaurant forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment